Collection of Information
We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes, and for service improvement. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Services or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register to use the Website or be able to access and use the Website at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website. We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Website through registration processes; communications with you; information downloads; service purchases; user support; and surveys.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), the domain used to access the Website, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to the website. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website. Business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
Use of information
We collect information for the following purposes:
- Registration: In order to order our Services you must provide certain Personal Information to us such as your full name, address, email address, farm size, payment plan, password for login (SHA256 encrypted), farm product data (production schedules, amounts etc.), farm inventory (seeds, soils, etc.) and farm employee names. In general, none of your account registration information will be shared with any other users of the Website or our Services.
- Statistics: we also collect statistics about use of the Services purchased through the Website. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
- System Logs & Google Analytics: Some of the information we receive is obtained through the use of first-party and third-party beacons, scripts, and tags. The cookies we use on our Service are served by Google Analytics. When you visit our Service for the first time, you will have the option to enable or disable certain cookies. Information on how to opt-out of the Google Analytics browser add-on can be accessed at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. This information is used to improve the content of the Website. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie. This gives you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the Website. We do not link any of the information we use in cookies to any personally identifiable information submitted by you when you are on the Website.
Disclosures & Transfers
Our business partners may include:
- Software developers;
- Hardware vendors;
- System integrators; and
- Payment processors.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website and/or the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website and/or the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website members, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card or other payment information to us, the Website works to help protect the security of your credit card and other payment information during transmission by using Gravity Payments.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information for the Services to third parties password.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Privacy Rights
(A) GDPR Principles. Where the GDPR applies, the legal bases we rely upon include:
- The right of access. You have the right to obtain access to your Personal Information (if we process it). For This will allow you to verify that we are using your Personal Information in compliance with applicable law. If you wish to access the Personal Information we hold about you in this way, please use the contact information referenced below to get in touch with us.
- The right to rectification. You are entitled to have your Personal Information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can request that we rectify any errors in the information that we hold by contacting us using our contact details below.
- The right to restrict processing. You have rights to restrict, (i.e ‘block’ or ‘suppress’ further use of your Personal Information). When processing is restricted, we can still store your Personal Information, but will not use it further.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Information in an accessible, human-readable, and transferrable format so that you can re-use it for your own purposes across different service providers. This is not a general right however and there are exceptions. To learn more about your rights to data portability, you may contact us using our contact details below.
- The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your information (i.e. we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information), you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us.
- The right to lodge a complaint. If your request or concern in connection with your Personal Information is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your information with the national data protection authority.
- to host or store it (see further our list of sub-processors at Section 8 D below);
- to enable us to provide goods or services to and fulfill our agreements and legal obligations with you in accordance with our terms of Service;
- where we are legally required to do so;
(D) Subprocessors. To support Vertigrow in delivering the Services, Vertigrow engages third-party service providers as sub-processors. This Section 8(D) identifies our sub-processors, describes where they are located, lists what services they provide to us, and identifies the type of personal information processed. Our business needs may change from time to time and Vertigrow will periodically update this page to provide notice of additions and removals to our list of sub-processors.
Types of PI processed
USA (server in Canada)
As listed above
USA (server in Canada)
credit card processing
Amendment of this Policy
Access and Accuracy
You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: May 5, 2022